Lately, the situations around me have been extremely stressful both at work and at home. So, in a short time, I came to become from a calm and extremely patient person, to an agitated one, anxious and ready to attack in the second two.
Now, since it is Saturday, a day of relaxation and rest before next week before Easter, I set out to make a change. I will focus on changing behaviors and reducing the vibrant stress that set in the last period.
Today I want to share with you, my dear readers, some of the methods I want to address in avoiding stress and keeping more calm as I possible can.
(Image Source – Unsplash)
What is stress?
Dex define: STRESS, stresses, (Med.) General term used for any environmental factor (trauma, emotion, cold, heat, etc.) capable of causing a state of tension and a reaction to the human, sometimes causing serious illnesses; p. ext. an unfavorable effect on the body of the beings by an environmental factor.
How to keep calm in stressful situations?
The fact that we are in a constant hurry to quench our energy. Work, everyday routine and unexpected situations make our patience and calm to the test, overwhelming us. Therefore, several important steps that we must follow in this case are:
– Breathe and Expire. Breathe and expire deep 5 times. Imagine how all the tension disappears from your body after each expiration and smiles.
– Relax. After the breath / expiration process, analyze your body and identify exactly which areas are embedded and tense. Slowly massage the affected areas and imagine yourself in a place that could calm you down: at the beach, in the mountains or even in a hot tub with water.
– Do not get attached, just give up. As strange as it may seem, giving up a stressful situation is very often, indicated. Stressing and worrying will not improve the situation because you are already involved in the act. So keep your head up and give up, simply say No.
– If you have a great goal, divide it into small successes. Always focusing on the end result can become exhausting because it takes a lot of time and patience. Stop focusing on negative thoughts. Being able to give you positive feedback will help you grow in patience, courage and find more joy in fulfilling a goal.
– What would someone else do in this situation? Another way to avoid stress is to imagine what another person would do in this situation. Just ask yourself, what would „Z” do in this situation? „Z” can be anyone, your favorite hero from the last book read, the character most adored from a movie or even at some point in your life. Because „YOU” are strong.
– Look at the picture as a whole. When you find yourself in a stressful situation, stop, breathe deeply. Ask yourself if you lose your temper now, this will still matter: next week, next month, over the next 10 years? The answer, you know it too, I know it, it will not matter to you! What’s the point of agonizing in a passenger pain that we probably will not remember next week?
– Do not ask for the impossible! No one is perfect and it’s okay. Perfection has never existed, nor will it exist. Asking perfection from a person and even from you is stressful and impossible.
– Put your patience to the test every day. You may be laughing because every day patience is being challenged by external factors. Why would we try to gamble with our luck? The answer is simple. As we practice, our patience will become more malleable and we will be able to react differently to the unknown, without stress and nerves, only with calm and perseverance.
– Be present in TODAY. When you have many things to do and need to be active 24/24, both at work and at home, do not overstretch your thoughts and energy on tomorrow. You live today, you are present today in the actions today and that’s it. Because tomorrow will come anyway, and it does not make sense to think today for tomorrow and tomorrow for today.
– Take care of yourself, and listen to your thoughts frequently. Around us, we are attacked everywhere in every direction, and in some cases there is no one around to give us the sense of comfort and safety. Plan more to take care of yourself. Respect your thoughts and desires, love yourself. If you love yourself enough then other persons will do it too.
Remember, dear reader, you are the sky… the rest of the things that are happening are only part of the weather.
(Image Source – Unsplash)