“Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.” – Plato
Today is again, Monday. I say again because I do not know when this time passes, I feel that I can never fully enjoy the moments, to live the days that run out of the calendar.
I would sleep more, I would lie in bed, considering that in a few hours I have to prepare again for an endless week of work with a program loaded with core hours. But I cannot find my condition, I feel that I should do something and I stay instead.
Such a state of helplessness and lack of desire combined with an uneasiness of a tomb I have not had in a long time, or even ever. I think that those around me have the same feelings because I see them, I hear them shudder and they do not find their place, like insects lost somewhere in an early spring.
I would like to get out of bed, be active and make a difference today. But I do this every day, and when I have less desire to achieve something, then it all makes sense. Ironically, I would say.
Lazy cat, Fifi spreads softly on the soft and fine blanket and then rests again in a long sleep. His head is placed on his toes and his nose is stopped in the bushy tail. And I find myself looking at him as if I didn’t want to get out of bed like a lazy and comfortable cat in my turn.
It is months again and I seem to have lost all trace of desire and energy, feeling only the anxiety that embraces me like a snake, too tight. It’s hot weather though, but I wouldn’t want to enjoy it too early.
Lately, the sun and the hot weather have been like a chimera, appearing and disappearing at is will, without notifying when it arrives or when it leaves. I wish I could enjoy the sun’s rays and let myself be soothed by the warm expression of the wind, but it’s in a constant change.
I cover the sunbeam that emerges from the window with the heavy black curtain and I sit again in bed, moaning and enjoying the few minutes of sweet sleep remaining. It is only a matter of time until the alarm sounds again and I have to deal with Monday with the help of a bitter coffee.
But I still have 30 minutes… .
(Image Source – Unsplash, DAVIDCOHEN)
Hello, my dearest ones! Today’s post is going to be mainly about cats and my cat, Fifi. I wanted to share with you some of Fifi’s photographs took along the time and also some amazing cat quotes.
Hope these cat thoughts and photographs will transform your boring Monday in an amazing Caturday!
(Images Source – Personal library)
Funny and inspirational quotes about cats
“In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.” – Terry Pratchett
“As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the humankind.” – Cleveland Amory
“I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.” – Hippolyte Taine
“I had been told that the training procedure with cats was difficult. It’s not. Mine had me trained in two days.” – Bill Dana
“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.” – Albert Schweitzer
“Owners of dogs will have noticed that, if you provide them with food and water and shelter and affection, they will think you are God. Whereas owners of cats are compelled to realize that, if you provide them with food and water and affection, they draw the conclusion that they are God.” – Christopher Hitchens
“I used to love dogs until I discovered cats.” – Nafisa Joseph
“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.” – Jean Cocteau
“I have felt cats rubbing their faces against mine and touching my cheek with claws carefully sheathed. These things, to me, are expressions of love.” – James Herriot
“Perhaps one reason we are fascinated by cats is because such a small animal can contain so much independence, dignity, and freedom of spirit. Unlike the dog, the cat’s personality is never bet on a human’s. He demands acceptance on his own terms.” – Lloyd Alexander
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
“Meow” means “woof” in cat.” ― George Carlin
“What’s your name,’ Coraline asked the cat. ‘Look, I’m Coraline. Okay?’
‘Cats don’t have names,’ it said.
‘No?’ said Coraline.
‘No,’ said the cat. ‘Now you people have names. That’s because you don’t know who you are. We know who we are, so we don’t need names.”
― Neil Gaiman, Coraline
“Cats are connoisseurs of comfort.” ― James Herriot, James Herriot’s Cat Stories
“The smallest feline is a masterpiece.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
“Time spent with a cat is never wasted.” ― Colette
“The way to get on with a cat is to treat it as an equal – or even better, as the superior it knows itself to be.” ― Elizabeth Peters, The Snake, the Crocodile and the Dog
“You know a real friend?
Someone you know will look after your cat after you are gone.”
― William S. Burroughs, Last Words: The Final Journals
“I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through.” ― Jules Verne
think that the
world should be full of cats and full of rain, that’s all, just
rain, rain and cats, very nice, good
night.” ― Charles Bukowski, Betting on the Muse: Poems and Stories
“I’m a cat. We aren’t required to make sense.” ― Seanan McGuire, A Local Habitation
“Cats choose us; we don’t own them.” — Kristin Cast
“If a dog jumps into your lap it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing it is because your lap is warmer.” — A.N. Whitehead
“If cats could write history, their history would be mostly about cats.” – Eugen Weber
“Cats do care. For example they know instinctively what time we have to be at work in the morning and they wake us up twenty minutes before the alarm goes off.” – Michael Nelson
At the end of the Monday, the best way to end up the day is think positive about the actions that took place within the day and to focus on tomorrow. In this post I will share with you a few quotes about Monday and the days to come. Hope you will enjoy the quotes and the power within them!
(Image Source – Unsplash)
- Enjoy the journey and try to get better every day. And don’t lose the passion and the love for what you do. Nadia Comaneci
- Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose not to let little things upset yourself. Joel Osteen
- Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There is nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day. Rachel Boston
- When you wake up each morning, you can choose to be happy or choose to be sad. Unless some terrible catastrophe happened the night before it is pretty much up to you. Tomorrow morning, when the sun shines through your window, choose to make it a happy day. Lynda Resnick
- At the end of the day, if I can say I had fun, it was a good day. Simone Biles
- Don’t judge the day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds that you plant. Robert Louis Stevenson
- Authenticity is everything. You have to wake up every morning and look in the mirror, and you want to be proud of the person who’s looking back at you. And you can only do that if you’re being honest with yourself and being a person of high character. You have an opportunity every single day to write that story of your life. Aaron Rodgers
- Each day holds a surprise. But only if we expect it can we see, hear or feel it when it comes to us. Let’s not be afraid to receive each day’s surprise whether it comes to us as a sorrow or as joy, It will open a new place in our hearts, a place where we can welcome new friends and celebrate more fully our shared humanity. Henri Nouwen
- I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. E.E. Cummings
- I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today, I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I am going to be happy in it. Groucho Marx
- The older I get, the better I understand that every day is a gift. Joel Osteen
- At the end of the day, remind yourself that you did the best you could today, and that is good enough. Lori Deschene
- At the end of the day, give up your worries and give thanks for the journey. Ben Vereen
- You can waste so much energy trying to make everyone happy, but at the end of the day it’s impossible to please everyone, so you just need to focus on what makes you happy. Lauren Conrad
- I enjoy it and just smile through it. There are days where you’re just pulling your hair out, but, at the end of the day, we are the luckiest people alive, doing what we do and loving our job as much as we do. Things don’t get that much better. Eleanor Tomlinson
- Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow.’ Mary Anne Radmacher
- At the end of the day, it isn’t where I came from. Maybe home is somewhere I’m going and never have been before. Warsan Shire
- “It’s Monday. It’s a new week. God is doing a new thing. New doors. New breaks. New blessings. Prepare your mind. Enlarge your vision.”
- The evening’s the best part of the day. You’ve done your day’s work. Now you can put your feet up and enjoy it. Kazuo Ishigura
- At the end of the day, tell yourself gently: ‘I love you, you did the best you could today, and even if you didn’t accomplish all you had planned, I love you anyway.’ Anonymous.
(Image Source – Unsplash)
Have a great Monday, dear readers!
Today is Monday. Another day, from another week, from another month and a brand new year, 2019.
I never understood why the world hated so much Mondays. Yes, I understand it’s another beginning of the week, and we need to carry our daily activities that we left on Friday before the weekend.
Returning back to work and daily week activities should not be seen as a rerun, especially if you want to make a change, and live every second of your life to the fullest.
Of course, going back to work is not easy, and for sure implies a lot of attention, hard work and perseverance but we are not lazy people and we started this journey called life with a purpose in mind.
In my opinion Mondays should not be seen as such a burden every single week, simply because:
- We have the right to start a new journey, make a difference in people’s life, in our life;
- We must be thankful for every day we live, thankful that we are present in now, the day that we so awful call Monday;
- We had to opportunity to rest and start refreshed a new beginning. There are people who haven’t had a free weekend in years.
In the end, my advice is to gather all bad emotions that we accumulated in the past few days, to throw them in a basket and start a new day with positivity and good vibes.
I gathered for you a few Monday Motivation Quotes. Hope your Monday will be better!
- When life gives you Monday, dip it in glitter and sparkle all day.
“Candy is natures way of making up for Mondays.”
- “Monday is the day of silence, day of the whole white mung bean, which is sacred to the moon.”
- “What about Monday? That could be our one day we look at things the same way, and wear funny shoes.”
- “Success is to wake up each morning and consciously decide that today will be the best day of your life.”
- “Mindful Monday Humans, May your coffee kick in before reality does.”
- “Good Morning.
Let Monday be your friend and he will show you a wonderful week.”
- “The thing about today is…
No other day could get the week off to such a great start.”
- “Monday is a new experience waiting to be enjoyed.”
- Hey I know it’s Monday but it’s also a new day, a new week, and in that lies a new opportunity for something special to happen. Michael Ely
- For me, Monday represents a fresh start to the week. It is the day where the slate from the previous week is wiped clean. It is a day of new beginnings.
- Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year! David Dweck
- Monday is a fresh start. It’s never too late to dig in and begin a new journey of success.
(Image Source – Pinterest)