I have been dying my hair ends since I was in high school. I loved my natural brown-blonde color, but I wanted something different.
During this quarantine, I have thought about applying hair treatments but somehow did not manage to make a radical change. So, in today’s post, I will speak more about blonde hair and how to repair it.
As you might know, the blonde hair is obtained within a coloring process, and the hair strands are subjected to a chemical treatment, most of the time with Hydrogen Peroxide (bleach).
Hydrogen Peroxide is an element that manages to increase the stains in our hair, and helps decompose the melanin that it naturally has. In time, the lack of melanin makes our hair colorless, and it tends to change the color to a reddish or yellowish tone.
Treatments and advice
If we have enough money and can spare an expense for our hair’s health we can apply the salon’s treatments and even a keratin treatment. I rarely do this because of the high prices of the local salons and chose to apply homemade treatments.
The key to healing the damaged hair is to moisturize properly. The mentioned DIY hair masks work the best for restoring the hair health and for making it stronger and shinier.
- Avocado Hair Treatment – Bleached hair requires more conditioning than the regular hair. For this, we are going to need a ripe avocado and one egg yolk. The treatment must be applied on wet hair while massaging the scalp for a few minutes, and after leaving it on for 20 minutes. After, we can rinse and wash with lukewarm water.
- Mayonnaise Treatment – Mayonnaise has multiple benefits for damaged hair. This product is rich in amino acids and oils, so it conditions the hair naturally. Mayonnaise can be applied on wet hair, just like the regular conditioner, and left for 15-20 minutes. After rinsing, we will be able to observe that the hair strands have become lighter, and hair is shinier.
- Butter massage – Butter can help treat the damaged hair. We can apply a small portion directly on the hair and keep massaging for a few minutes. After the massage, we can cover our hair for 30 minutes with a shower cap and then rinse. Results are instant shine and smoother hair.
- Banana mix – These fruits are very rich in fiber, vitamins, and proteins, which makes them strongly beneficial for damaged hair. We can mix a banana with honey, castor oil, and a few spoons of yogurt. The mask needs to be applied to the damaged hair, avoiding the hair roots. The hair can be washed with regular shampoo.
- Coconut oil – As you might know from my previous post, Coconut Oil is beneficial for hair growth and prevents hair damage. We can make a mixture of coconut oil, olive oil, and almond oil and apply it on the hair. Thanks to its natural components it can enrich the hair with vitamins and proteins required for healthy hair.
We can also use hair oils after washing the hair. One of my favorite products is Wella Oil Reflections. We can apply a few drops of oil onto damp hair for an instant, lightweight smoothening effect. I usually use it after washing the hair, as it offers extra shine and intensifies the color reflection.
It is recommended to avoid washing the hair too often, and instead, use dry shampoo and dry conditioner. Avoid using head ties and sleep using a silk pillowcase. It is essential to have a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle.
(Image Source – Unsplash)